Congratulations Marshfield Cricket Coaches On Completing LEJog
Congratulations to Tristan Barton, Mike Batty (Boys U7), Ian Price, Jon Millar (Boys U11) Rhys Gwilliam (Girls U11), and John Hardy (future coach!) , supported by Tom Day for completeing the LeJog cycle challenge. The team of five coaches, and one (hopefully) future coach ahve raised over £8000 for the Forever Friends appeal, in support of the new Cancer Centre at the Royal United Hospital, Bath. If you can donate more please click on the link below to the JustGiving page.
The raffle will be from 1930 this evening (18th May) at the Broadleys. There are lots of prizes to be won so we will get through them as quickly as possible!!! If you are a winner but not there to claim your prize, don’t worry!!! We will notify all winners directly over the weekend and post a list on the Facebook pages.
Some interesting facts on the ride (taken from the groups Facebook page):
- 66 hours and 40 minutes in the saddle.
- 307,969 pedal revolutions approx per rider.
- 3 countries
- 21 counties
- 4 punctures
- 2 blood injuries, Rhys’s knee and Mike threw a melon at Tristan’s nose, also probably one of the funniest moments..
- 100 energy gels
- 15 ice packs
- 600 graze flapjacks 100 smokin protein, 100 protein balls, plus many more tasty treats from Graze!!
- 2 mechanical failures, wheel and Ian’s bike frame ;( (expensive) spare bike used on day 8 and 9
- 1 new tyre
- 35 steaks
- 37 burgers
- 18 marshfield farm ice creams
- 162 coffees
- 108 bananas
- 50 bowls of porridge
- 1 curly hair found in the chamios cream
- 15 kilos of energy powder drink, 1.5 kilos is equal to 50 water bottles.
- 2 bottles of champagne
- 1 bottle of single malt
- 2 bunkshouses
- 1 Days Inn
- 1 Travel Lodge
- 4 Premier Inn
- 1 Spa Hotel
- 20 cubic litres of methane expelled we think, some unaccounted for!!
- 2 cases of hypothermia
- 5,492.40 combined miles cycled
- 266,856 ft climb combined, (Everest 29,028)
- 196,264.57 combined calories burnt
- Min temp 3C
- Max temp 37C
- Oft - 1512ft above sea level
- Most improved cyclist Tristan
- Least likely to finish Tristan
- Strongest finish Tristan
- Fastest down a hill John Hardy
- Highest top speed John Hardy
- Best dressed rider Rhys
- Most consistent rider Rhys
- Best turned out bike Ian Price
- Oldest bike Tristan (Giant 1999)
- Most flapjacks consumed in a Single hour Jon Millar
- Our innovation, inspiration and motivation award goes to Jon Millar #teamspirit
- Best support vehicle Martin’s Defender
- #madeitlookeasy team rider Mike Batty
- Hardest hill, Funeral Hill (Launceston)
For further info on the feat on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, simply search @marshfieldcycle.
Well Done to All of You from Marshfield Cricket Club!