• Project team in place generating developed design solutions for the new replacement pavilion for Marshfield Cricket Club
• Designs have been developed following membership consultations – and following a resounding ‘’yes’’ in support of the project
• Outline Planning Application has been submitted to South Gloucestershire Council – reference number P19/18708/O. The decision on this application is due to be made in April 2020. The submission of the Outline Application following formal Pre-Planning consultation with the Planning Authority – one of the results of this process was that a two-storey pavilion was discounted.
• The Plans have been prepared in consultation with the ECB and to specification meeting their stated standards. The indicators from the ECB are that they will support the project financially.
• The new pavilion will provide contemporary accommodation to support the inclusive aspirations of the Cricket Club and replace a facility that is well ‘beyond its sell by date’
• The plan of the proposed pavilion is ‘cranked’ which gives a sense of enclosure to the ground and enhances the character of the location overall
• An enhanced playing area for cricket with the boundary length increased with the new siting of the pavilion
• Improved external ‘public’ space for watching the game and socialising
• The new siting of the pavilion and the internal rearrangement of the accommodation takes optimum benefit of maximising the south and west sun exposure
• The main club room will be substantially glazed increasing the relationship between the playing area and the interior of the pavilion
• The design acknowledges the importance of the relationship the Club has with the village of Marshfield.
• The current pavilion is over 50 years old. It is a building of its time. There has been little or no improvement to the existing facility over the years that have passed.
• Is it fit for the current and future growth of the club? We have a large playing and social membership and we are an integral part of the wider local community
• Our aim is to bring the facility up to date and fully fit for purpose – now and long term in the future. A great asset for the entire Marshfield community as well as for the Cricket Club.
How can you help