Friendly Cricket at MCC
We are trying to establish a number of Friendly fixtures this season to ensure we have enough senior cricket for those that wish to play in it. We, currently are fortunate and through hard work, have a good amount of players wishing to play some weekend cricket for Marshfield. This needs to be encouraged – so cricket needs to be found!
- We have identified a few weekends where we hope to provide cricket for possibly 48 players (3 league teams plus a Friendly team).
- We are aware that some gap Saturdays may occur for some of our league teams (2nds and 3rds). We are trying to pre-empt this by arranging friendlies as well.
- If we don’t provide a minimum of 33 playing spots (3 teams) per Saturday we run the risk of losing some players that don’t get a game.
- Some players may only wish to play league cricket. However, if that is not available on a given weekend we will aim to ensure friendly matches are arranged.
- Sunday matches are also arranged – offering friendly but strong cricket acting as a good intermediary between youth and senior cricket. A development. This to be led by one of our senior coaches at the club – Will Pascall.
- Open to ALL players to be used across these Friendly teams – senior men; senior women; youth boys; youth girls; occasional players; new players to nets; youth players dads/coaches.
Players be aware of the following dates!!
Proposed dates for friendly fixtures in addition to league matches….
- Saturday 16th June – v Stroud (A). (In place of cancelled 2nd XI league match)
- Sunday 1st July – v Swanmore (H) Touring team.
- Monday 16th July – v Colonial Cavaliers from Boston, USA! (H)
- Sunday 29th July – v TBA
- Saturday 4th August – v TBA
- Saturday 11th August – v Warminster
- Saturday 18th August – v TBA (may well be 2 friendlies!)
Keep a look out for other dates – all players welcome!
Ben White | 07974 777037