Marshfield Cricket Club – Update for Players, Members, Parents and Supporters
You will all know the severity of the Coronavirus and the advice given by Governments around the world, including here in the UK, regarding social distancing. These have then been implemented by various organising bodies more locally.
Both the ECB and Wiltshire Cricket Board have sent through various updates recently – the most obvious being the suspension of all cricket until further notice. (Both of these statements can be found on the club website.) A few days ago the ECB updated theirs, notifying the professional game that no cricket will take place until June at the earliest. Once we receive clearer guidelines around league and recreational cricket we will, of course, update further.
In the meantime, please be aware that the Management Committee have made some decisions…..
- The ground will be maintained to a minimum level required for the time being, so that should we need to, we will be in a position to start playing cricket again.
- All Club meetings are to be cancelled until further notice
- Youth Registration evening on Friday 3rd April has been cancelled
- All senior and youth indoor net practices have been cancelled.
- Club Tidy Up Day on Sunday 29th March has been cancelled.
- All outdoor practice sessions have been cancelled until further notice.
- Quiz Night on Thursday 9th April has been cancelled.
- Both Pre-Season friendlies (18th and 25th April) have been cancelled
We face the very obvious reality of playing little or no cricket this season and as such may not receive any income during this period. The club heavily relies on incoming funds to pay for the upkeep of the ground and to play cricket itself (not a cheap sport!). Whilst expenditure may be a good deal less this season – we are waiting for confirmation on certain items – there is still likely to be a shortfall against our overheads.
2020 Membership Fees
Senior Men £70
If you would still like to contribute to the club for this season, by paying your membership fee, it would be a fantastic help towards keeping the club going. But only if you are able to and not putting your own finances under pressure.
Cricket is a fantastic sport and a very big part of the Marshfield community. We know how much people love visiting and playing at Broadleys, and we ask for patience and common sense during this tricky period. If you have any queries at all please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the Committee.
We hope to see you for a drink in the sun very soon. In the meantime – stay safe!
Chairman Marshfield CC