MCC SELECTION POLICY
With the new season just around the corner it has been agreed that the following will be the basis for selection for the weekend senior teams:
1) Selection will be moved to a Tuesday evening allowing extra time for players to confirm their availability. Cut off point for availability for the following weekend is noon on the Tuesday.
2) When numbers allow all 3 teams will be picked at selection on a Tuesday from the list of players DEFINITELY available (regardless of ability). Mid-week teams (Wiltshire Wallop etc) will be independently selected on an invite basis by the Captains.
3) Players who are unsure of their availability are placed on a reserve list and will be contacted if replacements are required.
4) Players not selected (but available) for Saturday games will not miss consecutive Saturdays if he has made himself available for those games.
5) From June 1st onwards only players who have either paid in full or have come to a payment plan with the membership secretary will be available for selection, no exceptions, (regardless of ability).
7) Team Captains will continue to collect availabilities at the end of games for the following week as before.
8) A dedicated MCC selection and availability e-mail account has been set up. This will allow players to e-mail their availabilities (again by the noon Tuesday deadline) and for a group e-mail to be sent out on a Tuesday evening confirming the team selections, as well as being posted on the website, as before.
The Cricket Manager e-mail address for availabilities and selection notification is.
Please feel free to contact me via the new Cricket Manager e-mail address for further information or with any questions you may have.